Thursday, December 17, 2015

Weekly Update - 12/17/2015

Hello Everybody
We had transfers this week. I got a new companion. His name is Elder Rudy. He is super awesome. My old companion Elder Warren got transferred to Scottsdale. It looks like I will be finishing my mission here in Pinetop. By the time I go home I will have been in this area for 6 transfers or around 9 months. I am definitely loving it here right now. 
The work is moving forward so much now. We have a Addiction recovery class now going in McNary. The first week we had around 9 people there. This week we had a lot of people come. It was really cool because during the beginning there where not that many there and then all of the sudden like 8 more Apache men start filing in. I t was super amazing to see. 

Elder Warren was sick a lot last week with a stomach flu so we were not able to get to much done. 

One miracle we saw on Sunday was amazing. One of our members brought a non member family with them to the Christmas party. We were able to give a church tour for them and they loved it. We are now meeting with them again on Sunday. The members are having us for dinner and then we will do a lesson afterward. 

I had so many spiritual experiences at the temple yesterday. First off I thought I sent off a lot of the family names back home that we had done baptisms and initatories, but I felt impressed to look around my desk for more names. I was looking and just about gave up when I decided to look in one more place. There I found a name squashed inbetween 2 books. It was the only name in there. It had been exactly one year ago that I had down the Iniatiories. I felt him say I need my work down. I have been waiting a long time. It was a miracle that I found it. Another spiritual experience I had was during the chapel session. I don't know why, but I just felt an overwhelming love from our savior. It was just a sweet spirit. One final experience I had was when the prayer circle was going on. The temple worker who was performing the prayer said something that really touched my heart and almost made me cry for joy. He said that he wanted to endow us with power to withstand Satan and have a sheild that will protect us from the temptations of Satan. He also said that he wanted to bless us with strength to finish our missions honorably and worthily. I felt like he was talking directly to me. It was so special. One of the most strongest times I had felt the spirit. I was so grateful to be able to go to the temple and do the work for my family.
Well I love you all. Can't wait to talk to ya mom and dad next week. It should be awesome. Well I love you all. 

Love,
Elder Kennedy
Arizona Scottsdale Mission
6265 N. 82nd St. 
Scottsdale, AZ 85250

No comments:

Post a Comment