Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Weekly Update - 11/02/2015

Hello Everyone,

This has been a crazy week. On Monday we met with the Ohlaus. Brother
Ohlau was baptized about 5 or 6 weeks ago. We had a really good
discussion on councils in the church and how the church is organized.
They are both doing so well in the gospel. I can see so much
progression in them since we first started meeting with them.

On Tuesday we started meeting with a less active who just recently had
a niece pass away who was like her own daughter. She had some
encounters with her after the niece died saying things like let me go
mom. I am fine mom. It was really amazing to know that our family who
passed on are still doing fine after this life. She really just needed
someone to vent to because she doesn't really have anyone left besides
her husband. We were able to talk to her about the Plan of Salvation
and how we will be with our family after we die. We gave her a
pamphlet to read. We were not able to meet with her for the rest of
the week. We went out with the Bishopric in one of our wards that
night as well. We were able to make contact with people we have not
been able to in a long time. We should be starting to meet with a
potential soon because of those visits.

Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Damoth who is one of our zone
leaders. He came to my area. We had district meeting that morning. It
was all about aligning the keys in the wards we serve in to accomplish
the work that the Lord has in plan for those areas. It was super good.
We had a halloween party that night for our wards. We stopped by
briefly and then headed off to a meeting with the Stake President.

Thursday I went to an Elders area for exchange. His name is Elder
Hugo. It was a interesting exchange. He is a interesting Elder. Not
much to report on about that.

Friday we had a lesson with a less active and investigator. We talked
about the importance of prayer and scripture study. I was surprised to
find out that they are actually reading them now and praying. This is
a lot of progress for them especially since I have been here.

Saturday I did a baptismal interview for a young girl who is getting
baptized on the 7th. It went super good. Then we went to the temple
for the day. I was able to bring about 30 names to have baptisms and
confirmations for. Also I gave some other elders some people that
needed endowments. We got about 5 of them done. It was such a great
day. We then had the opportunity to clean the temple afterwards as
well. That was awesome.

Sunday we had a amazing day at church. The first sacrament meeting
Elder Heaton and I gave our testimonies almost first. We talked alot
about temples. There was a less active there that came for the first
time since I have been here. Most of the talks talked about temples. I
was thinking I am so glad she is here to experience this. The spirit
was so strong. We also gave our testimonies in the Other sacrament
meeting as well. The whole day was probably my most favorite time at
church because the spirit was so strong. Stronger then normal.

All in all it was an amazing week. Only have less then 3 months left
on my mission. Got to make it count. Love you all. Keep going on.
Love,
Elder Kennedy
Arizona Scottsdale Mission
6265 N. 82nd St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
dallas.kennedy@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment